Go after drifters with God’s love! Hebrews 2.1-3
I was reminded of these verses the other day. I emailed out to 80 men. Thirty-five of them replied with thanksgiving for the reminder. Two called me. I am reminded of God’s faithfulness. As we prayed and fasted for a new location from the Toledo Campus, God has answered! It took us over a year to find our current location on Trust drive, where we rent 5 hours on Sunday. God helped us find this new location in 2 weeks and we will have the building 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is a step of financial faith for Compelled Church. It is going to move our Toledo Campus forward to Love God, Love People, and Serve the World. In the next couple of weeks we will need many hands to get this building ready. It was a church, so it is cleaning, painting, and moving equipment and things. Pray, we also need chairs and tables, but I am reminded of God faithfulness. Here are the verses in Proverb 3:5-7.
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.
New American Standard Bible: 1995 update. 1995 (Pr 3:5–7). LaHabra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.
I’m looking forward to a great night of worship Saturday night @ 6pm. It is the night of worship Pastor Rick has named “Dwell.” I love this night and I usually slip out of the crowd, go up to the loft and look down at everyone worshiping Jesus, seeking God, and enjoying His presence. I am always incredibly blessed. If you can’t get here to the Temperance Site, then watch on our live webcast @Compelledchurch.tv . Enter into worship with using your phone, IPad, lap, notebook, etc. Tweet to #dwellcc . Tweet what your reflections are, what God is saying, or anything. See you at Dwell.
Doors open @ 5:30 and we start @6pm.
No Agenda, Just Jesus
As I said, I wanted to post resolutions for Compelled Church. This list is more of my prayer for us than anything, but I want to communicate them. If you are not part of CC, many of these will still apply to you, and your church. Please know I am not implying these things are not happening, or we are failing, but my heart is that we keep growing in these areas.
- This year I am going to be more dependent on God than ever before. God help our church grow in dependence, which means we must grow in prayer.
- Growing Faith. God please give us greater faith and may our mouths not speak doubt, destruction, despair, and unbelief.
- Burden and passion to reach lost people. Father give CC the greatest heart for those not saved yet. Help us reach people with your good news, to love the where they are at, and to become their friends, mentors, faith coaches. May we give our time for the lost and not just our money.
- No tolerance for sin. May compromise, sin, and disobedience not enter our camp.
- Marriages. God help marriages to be caring, loving, serving, and growing. Keep the enemy from breaking the bond between husband and wife. Keep oneness, connection relationally, sexually, emotionally, and spiritually. Keep the demon of divorce away from your marriages God.
- Giving. May we be cheerful givers of our finances. God I pray people find the joy of giving and the pleasure of giving our best to you, our first 10%, to fund the Kingdom of God.
- Purity. God keep us from impurity and the lies of the enemy. Keep us sexually pure, and morally above reproach. May we not be trapped by pornagraphy, inappropriate relationships, or compromise on any moral level! May we be repelled by verbal, sexual, and moral filith at the movies, on the internet, TV, gaming, or speech. May we find no pleasure in anything Jesus died for.
- Serve. I pray ever CC attender would be a servant and serve to extend the Kingdom of God.
- Support. God, please keep us from critisizing leadership, being negative, but instead, supporting, encouraging, interceding, and becoming solutions to challenges, not deepening them. Help us protect the unity of the Body.
- Worship. I pray we grow in worship as we gather. That our hearts would be filled with gratitude and thanksgiving for who God is, what He has done, and what He is going to do.
- Word. That we would love the Word of God more. Study it. Memorize it. Obey it. and walk in it.
- Care. Father help us care for each other in every way, whether we know each other personally or not. Give us attitudes that look for other’s needs before our own.
- Sacrificial giving to Missions. Father, may our generocity flow to missionaries who are taking the Gospel all over the world. May we participate in every love offering and our monthly Global Outreach Faith Promises. God may we fund the Toledo campus. Bless people finiancially so they can bless the Kingdom.
- Grieving. Father, many in the CC family are grieving the home going of people they love dearly. Help us in our grief to press on. Comfort those who mourn, and sustain the lonely.
Would you add any other prayers or resolutions? I love you all. Pastor Nate
I am thinking deeply this morning about thankfulness. I feel very convicted that I am not more thankful in every way. I am looking to the Lord this morning to help me increase in a heart of thanksgiving. So often in our western culture we are trained to think, look for, and speak against things that are wrong. In the midst of that, we do not see the things that are right. We can easily be blind to the blessings, and just adopt a critical and negative posture toward everything in life. I just returned from Haiti. Our church took a team of nine men to do construction on a warehouse for food distribution in the poorest country in the western hemisphere. I was amazed at the joy of the people of Haiti. I stood stunned in church as they raised their hearts, hands, and voices in thanksgiving to the Lord. They are authentically thankful and yet they possess of fraction of what the average American has. This Christmas I desire no material thing. I have everything I need. The one thing I ask is to be more thankful. Thankful for the gift of eternal life from my Savior Jesus, my kids, my friends, and church family. I have amazing friendships because of Christ. I am thankful for an amazing wife. We will celebrate 25 years of marriage this new year (January 3). I am thankful for Bedford, and the home it has become to me for the last 15 years. Even if the roads are rough, it is a great place to live and raise our children. I am thankful for our schools, and the teachers my kids have had and will have. They have all been outstanding. I have never met anyone who is thankful that is not joyful. So, as Christmas approaches, let’s let the joy out, by understanding that we mostly are not overly thankful, but we can be. I am challenged today to be more thankful. Will you take the challenge with me?