Thankful for our family!
On October 3, 2014 my daughter married an amazing guy, Justin Isacson. It was one of the most amazing days of my life. The feelings I had, some unexperienced before, were amazing. Here are a few things I learned.
1. I learned that I had not experienced all the depths of God’s love. When I went down the hill to get Abigail and walk her down the aisle and the sun came out, after raining most all day, I believe it was the closest to God I had ever felt. I can’t explain the rush of emotions at that moment.
2. I learned that my love for my family is much deeper than I comprehended. We worked for weeks, months, on the wedding together. That day, was a proud day for me as a dad. Pride in a great way and a godly way.
3. I learned my wife Wendy can coordinate an amazing wedding. Her talents, gifts, love, and patience were awesome. Her love for Abby came out in every detail. She is such a gift to me and I love her so much. The wedding was sure great and her work, and Abby’s made it happen. They are awesome.
4. I experienced life accomplishment. I can’t explain it, but, to know my daughter and new son, love the Lord, and are making great choices. It’s hard to explain, but it was euphoric to experience these feelings.
5. I learned our greatest efforts in our life toward our children have the greatest payoff and is a parents greatest responsibility and calling. Parenting our kids is a mission, not a hobby. It’s all worth it. Loving Christ and having a godly home, teaching your kids the ways of Christ, is so worth it.
6. I learned that family is so important and my love for them is so deep. Thankful to all Randy and Carol, Eric and Rachel did for us, and how we all worked, talked, and coordinated everything. They expressed their love for us in all their help.
7. I learned joy is so real, and we need to experience it more. The reception was full of joy, eating, laughing, smiles, love, relationships, and rejoicing with dancing. You don’t need booze at a wedding reception. We experienced pure joy, happiness, and goodness. It was so holy, and the joy was sacred.
8.I learned living for God is worth it because our kids benefit the most. I learned that Randy and Carol’s faith, passed down a legacy that my kids have benefited from, as I have, because of their love for God as they raised their children. Their lives emulate Christ and shines on their grandchildren. Walking with Jesus is worth it, living for the world, and self, wrecks families and futures. Live for God, and your children, grandchildren, and beyond will reap the blessing. Thank you Randy and Carol! Your fingerprints and legacy are on our lives, and the lives of all your grandchildren!
9. I re-learned how precious my kids are to us. Abby blessed me beyond words. My boys continue to exceed my greatest expectations. Praying for their future mates is worth it. God answered our prayers and will continue to I am confident. I love Justin so much and I am so excited that he is in our family. He is a great guy, and God’s hand is on his life.
10. I learned that Gabe can sing. He did awesome. And Levi can dance and do the splits. Watching them throughout the event blessed me and moved me. We are a close family and will continue to be. Their love for their sister again, blessed me deeply. It’s part of that feeling of life’s accomplishment feelings. They are close and get along so well.
11. I learned I am blessed by friendships. What great friends we have. The feelings of seeing so many friends and I know we could not invite everyone, and some could not make it, but relationships and friendship go deep. Some of our friends worked so hard to help us. What a blessing. I was blessed to know how much we are loved. It was humbling and I know it’s because of Christ. Thank you all.
Abby called her wedding “The Best Day Ever”. And it was!! I learned so much and loved every minute of it!