We are all leaders. We all lead people. We cannot deny our influence upon people. Our choices, talk, attitude, priorities, social media, all communicate and affect others.
“We cannot – not communicate.”
Who are the people that you love to be with and admire? I imagine these people are loving, positive, encouraging, happy, and they have inward character and virtues that are pure and Christ-like.
I was pondering the account when Moses asked God to reveal to him, His glory. God passed by Moses and he had to shield his face from the glory and then God revealed his glory by communicating it.
“Then the LORD passed by in front of him and proclaimed, “The LORD, the LORD God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in loving kindness and truth;who keeps loving-kindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.” Exodus 34.6-7 (NASB The Lockman Foundation 1995 update)
God reveals Himself as compassionate, lots of love, slow to angry. He forgives. He is truth. He will not overlook guiltiness. We will not escape if we are guilty. Wow, thankful for Jesus who removes our sin and guilt!
These qualities are the qualities of a leader, a believer, a follower of God. These are the virtues of a person who confesses being one of God’s people.
Questions to Ponder
- How compassionate are you? Do you care and think, and act on behalf of others?
- Are you grateful, and gracious in life, with others?
- Do you value truth avoiding deceit, lies, gossip, spreading negative feelings about others? Do you value the truth of God’s Word and live within His Words?
- Are you forgiving? Holding Grudges? Do you have trouble giving grace? Jesus can help us.
- Do you have a kind attitude?
- Living a life of being loving and kind must be personified in how we speak to and about others. How we choose and prioritize ourselves.
The greatest leader of all is the Lord. He is our standard for character, and without character we lead people….poorly. With the character of God, we lead people, and influence them to Him, bringing Him glory.
My thoughts this morning. True and convicting. Life-giving and helpful I pray.
Pastor Nate Elarton