We are undeniably people of habit. We are comfortable with repetition. We find security in the predictable. What if God directs us to places unknown? What if we are to experience the unexperienced? Will we discover our security is in frequently attended mind-sets, attitudes, and beliefs? Will we realize happily that our security is in God?
It is the hardest to trust in seasons of unknowing, so we often try and make them into a familiar situation previously experienced to attempt to deny we are on a new path in our journey. We will soon realize that this is impossible and we must throw our whole life into the trusting arms of God. His love for us will take us places where we will journey toward our wholeness in Christ which is our ultimate destination, isn’t it? New seasons are required. They cannot be optional, they must not be avoided.
- Is God dealing with you about a “new” area of life He is leading you?
- What is Christ teaching you in this unexperienced season?
- Do you know, all things are to make us whole in Christ and like Christ?
- Is surrender to God’s plan part of your thinking?
- Must you have control always?
- Spend some time in Lectio Divina for the following verses. (Click here on how to do Lection Divina)
““I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.“Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.“You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.“I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.” (John 15:1–5, NASB95)