Intro on Series: John in Jesus
Myy Goals for this Series
1. People would “believe” on Christ for Savior. People would be saved!
—We need to accelerate the spreading of Jesus.
2. Our faith would grow and we would believe God with greater faith.
–Increased faith for all of us. Not intellectual faith like in 1 Cor. 2.5 “so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom but on God’s power.”
—Righteousness and salvation of our souls are received by the action of our faith. Saved by faith!
—The righteous lives by faith (Gal. 3.11) Justified by faith (Romans 5)
—God is pleased with faith (Heb.11.6) Impossible to please God without Faith
—By faith we receive the promise of the Holy Spirit (Gal. 3.14).
—Faith is a shield against the devil’s attacks (Eph. 6.16). By faith we can stand during difficulty (Col. 2.15)
—Faith that is growing and alive, prevents us from making horrible decision (1Tim. 6:10).
–Faith causes us to have a world view that is Christ-centered, so we process everything in life differently than the faithless. (Like: birth, death, life, marriage, morals, truth, eternity, purpose, money, entertainment, speech.) Titus 1.13 and 2.2
3. Our increased faith would result in increased Christ-likeness
—“We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power…” Col. 1.9-10
4. Our personal revival of faith would cause us to increase our witness to others.
–We would have more light, which is Jesus glowing through us. (John 8.12)
–More faith in Christ, results in greater understanding of Christ, leads us to greater service for the King.
–The church needs to get busy, not on ourselves, but for others, to see people get saved.
Key Verse: John 20.31
“These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, The Son of God, and that by believing
You may have life in his name.”
Theme of John: Jesus is the Christ the Son of God: Believe!
He built around the seven public miracles or signs that Jesus is God.
1. Water to win at the wedding
2. Healing of the nobleman’s song-4.46
3. Healing of the cripple by the pool-5
4. Feeding of the 5000-6
5. Jesus walking on the Sea of Gal-6.16
6. Healing of them an blind from birth-9
7. Raising of Lazarus from the dead-11
John has the seven Great “I Am” declarations by Jesus
1. I am the Bread of Life (6.35, 41, 48, and 51)
2. I am the Light of the World. (8.12 And 9.5)
3. I am the Door. (10.7 And 10.9)
4. I am The Good Shepherd. (10.11 And 10.14)
5. I am the Resurrection and the Life (11.25)
6. I am The Way the Truth and the Life (14.25).
7. I am the Vine-15
John 1:1-14 NIV
I. Jesus is the Logos
A. The Logos is eternity! He has no beginning for God has no time, existed before time.
B. The logos is eternal personhood!-We have words to convey, thoughts, and expression. Jesus is God expressing Himself through Jesus.
C. The logos is deity–Jesus is God.
1. Implications to this truth tour life
“If he is God, then his Words are true and he is eternal, and if he is eternal and his teachings are true, I would be a senseless fool to ignore them, or fail to know them well, so I could follow them.”
D. He is God ..
1. He is creator of all things- Col. 1
2. Jesus is the exact representation of God being and sustains all things by his word -Heb. 1
3. Jesus through the very nature God, voluntarily surrendered the power of his Deity to become a human being for us (1.14).
E. To reject Jesus as God because of false religions, ignorance, or culture will leave us without excuse according to Romans 1.20.
II. Jesus gives Life
A. No life without the Logos/Word. He is not life. He is the source of Life!
B. In the Logos, is the true life that God intended for us?
C. The abundant full life, that is life alive, with the Spirit. (JOHN 10.10).
Are you living life to the full, abundant. Jesus/faith/choices/blessing none of this when Jesus is absent
D. Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life. John 14.6
III. Jesus is the Light
A. Light is necessary for life. (ILL- bean experiment in 2nd grade).
B. Light guides, reveals, illumines, protects (ILL-Legos).
C. To live without the Light…
1. Forces us to follow and well-known path (what everyone else does)
2. Leaves us to Plan “B”, instead of Plan “A”-God’s plan. His plan is only revealed in light.
D. Our light is Jesus, He is the Light of the world, and He needs to be seen in my life, my testimony, and my words.
E. The darkness cannot “overcome, overpower, overtake, seizes (katalambano) or take control.