Today is a day of fasting and prayer and tonight at both Compelled Location @6:30 pm we will have a night of prayer and worship. I felt in my heart the Lord wanted me to lead the church in 3 areas of prayer and focus, Compassion, conviction, and courage. Tonight we pray for compassion. Here is the guide for those of you joining us online. Love you all Pastor Nate Elarton
Night of Worship and Prayer
January 20, 2021
Prayer Target: Compassion
Ephesians 4:30–32 (NIV84) — 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Matthew 9:36–38 (NIV84) — 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
2 Corinthians 1:3–5 (NIV84) — 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5 For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
Psalm 103:4 (NIV84) — 4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
Psalm 145:9 (NIV84) — 9 The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
1. Pray the church would have greater compassion
- For people who are lost spiritually.
- For other races
- For those who do not believe like us.
- For the suffering and hurting.
- For children and youth
2. That God would let us see people through His eyes, His love, His compassion, and His grace.
3. That we would get out from focus on ourselves and look out to those who need God’s love and compassion.
4.Help us look at every human being, as they were made in the image of God.
5. That we would have empathy to see life through other’s eyes and then we could be more compassionate.
6. That we would repent and reject thing that extinguish are compassion.
- A complaining and critical spirit and/or attitude
- Racism, political bias, incorrect conclusions about people.
- Greed and materialism
- A extreme focus on self
7. That our compassion would move us to action, and we would have courage for that action.
8. Compassion would pair with generosity
- Of our time
- Of our gifts
- Of our talents
- Of our life