This weekend I start a new series “Handle With Care”. The verses for this weekend are:
“So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.” Ephesians 5.15-16 (New Living Translation)
We only have one life. We only have the present. Our decisions are important as they impact so many people. We need to live wise. Not like fools who have no regard for their family, their future, or their God. Fools live selfish. Fools make decisions without the Lord. Fools waste opportunities. Proverbs teach that fools come to ruin. They dishonor their parents, they make decisions for their own benefit, they have lost sight of the gift of life.
The Lord has a will for us all. We can’t control what others do, say, or decide. But we do control our decisions, our speech, our daily choices. We have so many opportunities, and we need to live wise to make those times prosper with all the good fruit of the spirit.
- Loving and spending time with your kids is a wise opportunity.
- Responding to the Lord and others when we fail and not blaming is an opportunity for honesty and humility which are wisdom.
- Making the most of your marriage, repairing it, granting grace, serving is sure an opportunity to make the most.
- Living for Jesus and all the benefits of those choices, make a our lives a legacy.
- Honesty, morality, sexual purity, love, forgiveness, and being content, are all virtues Christ makes available to us if we walk in them. This evil world rejects it all. Greed, lust, materialistic ambitions, always being right is the norm of the day—sadly.
God has called us higher and gives us the power, relationship with him, and the love to live every day to our best and that’s His best.
Handle your life with Care. You only get one. Ask the Lord to help you honor Him, and live without regrets.
Press On PN