Many are struggling with the level of passion for Christ. Some have drifted back into old patterns and old ways. The zeal and fire for Jesus can easily grow dim. Is that happening to you? Do you know your love and passion for Christ and His purposes is diminishing in your life, thoughts, and heart? What can you do? Can you receive back a white hot focus on the Lord? Yes. Here are some of my practical suggestions.
- Identify and admit you are in need of being close to Christ. Once you know it, the victory is almost there. Most deny their true state.
- Spend some time alone. Solitude is a good thing. No TV, no Phone, no Screens, just you and the Lord. Take a walk and invite the Holy Spirit to just speak to you.
- Respond to the Lord. Make a commitment to respond. Respond in prayer, to his voice, to messages, to altar calls, to being obedient. Just move in response. Don’t allow your heart to get cold or hard. Respond.
- Ask for help. The Bible says “We have not because we ask not.” This morning I prayed that God would set me on fire for Him, more than ever before. I feel that. The Lord immediately began to flood my heart and mind with thoughts, messages, vision, people. Ask for Help.
- Stop Procrastinating. Get that Bible back out and that journal and read, and receive. No excuses, no whining, no wimpering. It is what you need. He is who you need.
- Put the phone down. Yep, put it down. Kill the OCD that thinks we need to have the phone near us, constantly looking, scrolling, pinging, alerting. Gosh, what an interruption. I have turned off all alerts, notifications, deleted facebook, and I am making an effort to not be addicted to my phone. It is wasting my time. It is interrupting my efforts for the Lord. Just put it down.
- Watch what you watch. Our addiction for new things, new movies, new posts, new pics, can get us watching things that will steal our zeal for God. Watching swearing, violence, sex, dirt, and vileness on TV/Sling/Netflix/prime/cable/youtube will steal your desire for Jesus away.
- Just receive His love. He loves us and wants to be close to his children. He wants to encourage us, strengthen us, love through us, and reveal more of Himself to us.
- Enjoy Jesus. He is contentment. He is our all in all.