Below are the notes from this weekend at Compelled Church.
Message Available on our app and website compelled.church
NOTES: This I Believe|Judgments
May 5,6 2018
Nate Elarton, Compelled Church
Judgement #1 Jesus was judged for the sin of the world
1 Peter 2:21–25 (NASB95) ON Screen
Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”—
Romans 8:1–2 (NASB95)
1Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
Judgment #2 Judgment in the Great Tribulation
The purpose is to see the Jewish People Come to faith in Jesus Christ as the Messiah
Jeremiah 30.4-7; Daniel 12.1; Matthew 24.21-23
Judgement #3 Judgment of the Gentile Nations ??on screen)
Matthew 25.1-13 Parable of the Ten Virgins
Joel 3:1–2 (NASB95)
Judgement #4 The Great White Throne Judgment
The judgment of the wicked, those that have rejected the salvation of God, the testimony of Christ, and God himself.
Four things impacts of this final Judgment?
- The final judgment should help us forgive others freely -God’s justice should prevent us from seeking revenge.
- The final judgment satisfies our sense for justice in this world.
- The final judgment should motivate us to live righteous.
- The final judgment should motivate the missional Church– Jude 20–23
Judgment #5 The Judgement Seat of Christ (bema Seat)
2 Corinthians 5:6–10 (NASB95) “Bad”- Greek word is “Phalos” or worthless. This is not sin, but good works not for Christ.
Four Considerations for the Judgement Seat of Christ.
- We will not be condemned for sin.
- Some of our good deeds were not really for Christ
“He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”John 3:18
- There will be degrees of reward for believers.
- Don’t have regrets at the Judgement Seat of Christ
What is God saying to me?