What is the greatest gift we receive from the Lord when we choose to serve Him? When one cries out to the Lord for salvation, and believes in Christ, so much happens. Being a follower of Christ give us so much grace and truth from the Lord.
- Our sins are forgiven, as Jesus suffered for us on the cross (John 1.29; 1 John 1.1,2).
- We are adopted as children of God, into the family of God (John 1.12)
- We become new inside (2 Corinthians 5.17).
- We stop leaving for our purposes or none at all and begin to live the purposes of the Lord. Our life has purpose and significance because we realize we are treasured by Father God.
- Our names are written down in the book of life, promising us eternal life (John 5.24).
- We receive the Holy Spirit and He lives in us (Ephesians 1.13,14).
- We begin a life-long adventure of getting to know Christ, and His ways, as the Lord gives us revelation through His words, and our life. We become set apart for the purposes of God.
- Because the Lord lives in us, we hear Him. We can sense God in our daily lives.
- We understand the Bible, the things of the Spirit (1 Corinthians 2.14).
- We begin to heal from the hurts of our past.
- We do not have to fear death, or anything, because we are God’s and will live with him forever.
- We have victory over sin, addictions, and the enemy (1 John 3.8).
- We are delivered from the emptiness of religion and trying to be “good” to earn God’s love or salvation.
- We gain wisdom from God (Proverbs 9.10). This wisdom helps us walk through life, make decisions, and treat others.
- We have the power to forgive those in our past, those that hurt us, and those that will in the future.
- We care for others with the unconditional love of Christ (1 Cor. 13).
But, one of the greatest things that happen when we choose to follow God, we have access to Father God, through Christ (John 14.16). We get to know God and call out to Him as our “Abba Father”. He is not known afar off. He is not aloof. He is with us.
We need His presence! We need his power. We need His wisdom, direction, Word, life, and light to help us on this earth because it can be very difficult. We have our hope in the Lord, that whatever circumstances, heartaches, joys, tragedies, in life, our God is with us. He has redeemed us, by Christ, bought us back so we can be His.
The most wonderful gift of salvation to me, is knowing that my Father God is with me. It does not matter if I feel Him, He is with me. It does not matter if tragedy strikes, He is with me. Even when I sin against Him, He is with me. When I don’t think about Him, He is with Me. He is with you too. Always. Don’t think He isn’t if you believe. He is with you.
Pastor Nate Elarton
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?” Hebrews 13.5-6
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8.38-39
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. John 14.16-18