“Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” John 17.3
I am on a journey. To know the Father. A moment of revelation was afforded me recently on why Jesus came to earth. This revelation has reminded me of Truth and refreshed my soul.
- He did come to destroy the works of the enemy.
- He did come to cleanse sin, once and for all.
- He came to “save” us as we say. (though many are unsure of what).
- He came to give us eternal life.
- Keep us from Satan (John 17.15).
It is true, all of these he came, but the one reason that bundles all of these together, that he came is that we would know the Father. We can never know the Lord fully without being cleanses of sin, repenting and turning our lives around. We won’t ever know the Lord unless we live as an offering, and enact our faith, not just for the things in prayer we pray for, but to know our Father in Heaven. Jesus wants you to know the Father.
- Do you know about God? Or do you know God the Father?
- Are you saved, but never pursued knowing Him more?
- Choosing to sin in our lives, will make the waters of knowing Father murky? Do you willingly and knowingly choose sin? Do you grieve that you are forfeiting knowing the Father well?
- Do you want to know the Father and be closer than ever before?
Begin to ask HIm to reveal Himself in every area of your life. Search your heart and repent of sin, spiritual laziness, and any unforgiveness you have toward anyone. Ask the Holy Spirit, who leads and guides us into all Truth, to lead and guide you. Read the Word with the goal to know the Father, not gain doctrinal or biblical knowledge.
Remember: “You are as close to the Father as you want to be.”
There is nothing on this earth greater than knowing the Father.
Do you agree? What steals our desire to know Father more? Please respond below.