As we start a six-week teaching on purpose, I am gripped with passion, conviction, and compassion. I believe the purpose of our life is to glorify the Lord in all we do and how we do things. I believe we are called the glorify the Lord in who we are. Here are some quotes from week one of the series.
- “We have to stay grounded on Scripture, dedicated to God’s ways. The world will not function in God’s ways. This world is determined not to glorify God, but to glorify man, embracing all sin, rejecting any moral voice, and pushing the philosophy of pluralism and secular humanism forward, at the expense of all reason and purity.”
- “Since time began the deception from the enemy has been to NOT glorify God, but glorify yourself, you become the god.”
- “You can be a saved person, and not a very spiritual person. We are good at siloing our lives, and separating our faith from daily living.
- “Whenever man wants glory and honor, ahead of the Lord, or in place of the Lord, destruction in some form, awaits.”
- “Too many of us live with ‘flimsy faith’. Faith that is so shallow, so much about us. Flimsy faith says my faith is exercised so God can do what I want, not I live the life He wants. My will is more important than His.”
“Whether then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. “
1 Cor. 10.31