“For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love”
As I awake this morning to Happy Birthdays from Wendy and the boys and sit and read Ephesians this is my wish for my birthday. It is more than a traditional birthday with, but a prayer of agreement with the Apostle Paul. As I read his prayer and desire for the Ephesians I pray it for myself, my wife, and my kids. I pray it for Compelled Church and the Body of Christ.
I pray we would tap into the underestimated power of Christ who dwells (lives) in us. I pray today we would be strengthened in our inner man, by the power of His Spirit. (Ephesians 3.16). This is so important for the life and victory of the follower of Christ.
The inner man (our spirit)
- Needs redeemed, saved, and cleanse from sin to Christ.
- Needs cleared daily and filled with Christ’s Spirit.
- Our inner man is where our thoughts, motives, and attitudes come from.
- Is the center of our will.
- If our inner man is not obedient to the way of Christ, we will make terrible choices.
- When we are filled with Christ our inner man, is not selfish, and we are giving love, because the reality of being established in love is sensed and lived out.
How strong in Christ is your inner man? My Birthday prayer is that today it will be stronger, and so will mine.