“My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4.19 NLT
What to we need? We instantly go to physical and financial needs, that are really sometimes wants. We need more money, another job, better car, new tires, tax money. But many times in our life we are void of our true needs. As we look at this pretty popular verse in Philippians ask yourself this, “Are you aware of your true needs today?” Here are some things revealed to me that I truly need.
- I need to love deeper, and more unconditionally.
- I need a greater burden for those that are not saved yet, to motivate me to continue to live missional.
- I need to be more like Jesus in so many ways.
- I need to move to the next level in worship.
- I need to be quiet more, and learn to hear His voice even better.
- I need God’s presence.
- I need to know some of the things I think I need are really wants.
- I need to allow God to give me greater faith.
- I need to stop worrying about Compelled Finances and to not be anxious.
- I need to be a better encourager to people.
- I need to remember my first ministry is to Wendy, Abby, Gabe, and Levi.
- I need more of the Spirit’s presence, anointing, gifts and fruit.
- I need to memorize more Scripture.
- I need to have God help me get back to work on the book He put on my heart to write last year.
- I need God’s grace, mercy, and presence, in my mind, on my lips, and in my life every day.
What are some true needs you have? Are you aware of them? Get on your knees and ask Jesus what you truly need, and then start writing. Now we have a prayer list. Now we need to pray!