Praying through a few things and as I read the news, experience life, live out my calling, and lead a church. I must admit things rub my spirit wrong. I know many say worry is sin, and sometimes it is, but God-given burdens and responsibilities that grab our attention for action and prayer, are not that kind of worry.
1) I am bothered at the deaths of thousands of Christians by ISIS and the news/media stays silent, and our President, at a prayer breakfast compares that with the Crusades. The spread of Islam deeply bothers me. May the power of the Spirit arise, and Truth prevail.
2) I am burdened at the number of people that need great Christian friends to encourage them, and teach them the ways of Christ. We need more disciplers. We need a revival of believers that want the Spirit victory in others as much as in themselves. May Father raise them up and give the church a deeper desire to share their lives and care for the weaker and newer in faith.
3) I am troubled that pornography will hit the big screen, “Fifty Shades of Grey” and it seems that there is no outrage but acceptance in the abuse, and demoralization and dehumanization of women, or the sin it will graphically portray. The attack on human, marriages, and the minds and hearts of men is blatant and obnoxious. May God help us have some decency and discernment, and may this movie not make a dime of profit.
4) I am always sadly amazed when people walk away from Jesus and dive into the sin of the world, forsaking everything they know is right, true, and pure. May they return and God’s people pursue them (Galatians 6.1,2).
5) I am burdened for our young adults. Seems many are drifting. I want to see them fulfill God’s purposes in their lives.
6) I am worried for discouraged pastors and friends that have so many challenges, trials, and struggles in the ministry. May God lift them and encourage them today. May they not quit. May the Lord give them great leaders, board members, staff members and volunteers that will encourage them, and so continue the fruitful work of the Kingdom.
This is the list of things that are agitating my heart. This is my prayer list today. ……..Nate