I have never spoke on Compassion before as a topic. This is the first in our new series on “Building and Battling: Kingdom lessons from Nehemiah” This first message on Nehemiah’s compassion is really moving me. The Lord seems to be downloading a lot of thoughts about Compassion, and the need for it. It is so critical in the life of the believer and the church. here are some thoughts.
- The world hardens us and hard hearts become uncaring and selfish people.
- Without compassion, we cannot fully connect with the Father, hear His voice, sense His Spirit or respond to His presence.
- Compassion leads us to action.
- An Husband without compassion with hurt and wound his wife.
- Anything for Jesus starts with a touch from heaven, that ping of compassion.
- Compassionate people care a lot about a lot.
- People with compassion tell others about Jesus.
- Compassion is the spark to love which is the action of Christ.
- Missional churches are compassionate churches.
- Compassion from Jesus will drain us from self.
This message will be taught on Feb. 21,22, 2015. If you are reading this after that, you can listen to the message at Our Compelled Church Website, click here.